Marriage, Relationship Counselling and Individual Counselling
Sharon has worked as a counsellor since 2010. Specialising in relationships, both counselling and coaching, self-esteem with individuals and parenting coaching. She is passionate about helping people find their ‘happy’.
Majoring in Relationship Counselling and Conflict Resolution as well as Child Development and Effective Parenting. Sharon has focused on these areas as a counsellor and is exceptionally experienced as a result.
Living in the Hills District (NSW, Australia), with her partner and their 4 kids ranging in age from 19 to 12. Life has ensured plenty of life experience to draw on in addition to her counselling education.
In her downtime she plays soccer and loves bushwalks with her partner and their dogs, spending time with family and reading.
People who have worked with Sharon speak very highly of her ability to grasp issues in play very quickly, show empathy and help guide you to change with no judgement. Read some of the things her clients have said about her here.
It can be really intimidating and hard to find the right counsellor. The most important part of counselling is finding a counsellor that you ‘click’ with. If you don’t feel that trust and level of comfort with your therapist, then you won’t get the best out of your counselling experience. Remember, it is your life, so work with someone that you feel comfortable with to get the changes you want.
What makes Sharon different from other counsellors and how does that benefit you?
- You benefit from over a decade of specialist experience with a dedicated counselling service.
- She makes herself available to her clients between sessions if you need the extra support (via email). Most counselling services will not provide support outside of paid sessions. Sharon will be there to support you.
- You get clear strategies to move forward so you don’t feel that you are “just talking” and getting nowhere.
- Coaching in communication skills that are necessary for a good relationship.
- You are offered complete support in an empathetic and non-judgemental environment, to explore how you can get the change you need.
- People say even when they started counselling feeling nervous, within a few minutes they felt comfortable. Sharon is easy to connect with.
She continues to further her education in addition to attending professional supervision to maintain a high level of service for her clients.
Education and Training includes:
- Diploma of Professional Counselling
- Certificate in Relationships and Conflict Resolution
- Certificate in Effective Parenting
- Depression Training
- Conflict Resolution Training
- Working with Couples in Crisis training
- Pre-Marriage Counselling
- Teaching Anger Management Skills
- Using CBT with Depression
- Working with Parents
She also writes a regular column for the Hills Independent District magazine on relationships and family issues.
Are you ready to take the first step to changing your life?
Click the Book Online button below to find the first available appointment and make an online booking