Marriage Counsellor, Relationship Counselling and Individual Counsellor
I have worked as a counsellor since 2010. Specialising in relationships, both counselling and coaching, self-esteem with individuals and parenting coaching. I also love working with Mums who have lost their identity through parenting and forgetting how to put themselves first!
Prior to the Coronavirus event, my counselling service was both face to face and remotely. During the lockdown phase, I supported existing clients through online counselling using Zoom and via the phone for those who preferred that. This was surprisingly, very successful. I now conduct all my sessions through Zoom video or phone.
Fortunately for me, my clients were willing to try this rather than lose me as their counsellor!
The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. It is so easy to access counselling service, no baby sitters required, no traffic to fight and not needing to leave work early as well as being able to get access to this counselling service from anywhere in the world.
One of the biggest benefits for you has been that I have handed on ALL of the savings to my clients for not needing to pay rent. This is a significant reduction in the cost of counselling with me. Why did I do this? The simple answer is because I genuinely enjoy my work and because I get to set my own rules around how I work!
Some people are still a little skeptical of video counselling. It works. Try it and see!
My main interests are relationships, parenting and self-esteem. I majored in Relationship Counselling and Conflict Resolution as well as Child Development and Effective Parenting. I have focused on these areas as a counsellor and am exceptionally experienced as a result.
I live in the Hills District (NSW, Australia), with my partner and our 4 kids ranging in age from 19 to 12. Life has ensured that I have plenty of life experience to draw on in addition to my counselling education.
In my downtime I love to play soccer and take my dogs on bushwalks. Our family has 3 dogs, a cat we rescued and assorted other animals. I love to help both animals and people. You may see my dogs bouncing around behind me as we talk, they like to be as near to me as possible and used to help me in face to face sessions back in the day.
Clients benefit from who I am by having a person who doesn’t judge (life experience will do that to you), has the empathy to look at it from your view and genuinely wants to get to your goals with you. I will be there to support you and check in with you when you are doing it tough as we all do at times. I actually really care about my clients. It becomes a privilege to work in depth with clients and I am aware of how much trust is placed in me to talk of difficult parts of life.
It can be really intimidating and difficult to find the right counsellor. The most important part of counselling is finding a counsellor that you ‘click’ with. If you don’t feel that trust and level of comfort with your therapist, then you won’t get the best out of your counselling experience. Remember, it is your life, so work with someone that you feel comfortable with to get the changes you want.
What makes me different from other counsellors and how does that benefit you?
- I am very experienced and very good at what I do. You get to work with a counsellor who has practiced in these niche areas for many years.
- You can get in contact with me between sessions if you need the extra support (via email), at no cost. Most counselling services will not provide support outside of paid sessions. I keep a really close eye on my email to be there when you need it.
- You get a really cost effective service at a very reduced cost for the level of experience. I have chosen to hand on the savings of an office to you because this job is an income for me but also a way of life and that genuinely matters to me.
- I help you to set clear strategies to move forward so you don’t feel that you are “just talking” and getting nowhere.
- Relationship coaching is part of the relationship work we do together, you learn tools not just talking.
- I help you to learn communication skills that are necessary for a good relationship.
- You are offered complete support in an empathetic and non-judgemental environment to explore how you can get the change you need.
- Counselling experience is naturally important. I have many years of experience and focus on my specialty areas which means I am very skilled at the areas I have chosen to work in. Unlike many counsellors, I won’t work in areas that I have no experience and will let you know if I feel I am not suitable for you.
- You will find it easy to talk freely of the problems you are experiencing. Often is is a relief to finally be able to talk to someone who really cares but will not judge or force opinions on you. Someone who ‘gets it’ and can then apply their professional knowledge to your situation to help you. Someone who you feel ‘is on your side’.
I continue to further my education in addition to attending professional supervision to maintain a high level of service for my clients.
Education and Training includes:
- Diploma of Professional Counselling
- Certificate in Relationships and Conflict Resolution
- Certificate in Effective Parenting
- Depression Training
- Conflict Resolution Training
- Working with Couples in Crisis training
- Pre-Marriage Counselling
- Teaching Anger Management Skills
- Using CBT with Depression
- Working with Parents
I also write a regular column for the Hills Independent District magazine on relationships and family issues.
Are you ready to take the first step to changing your life?
Click the Book Online button below to find the first available appointment and make an online booking