Counselling is a very useful tool that can help to address a wide range of issues. Throughout the process people usually achieve greater self-insight which allows for a more satisfying future. Many people are reluctant to seek counselling because they feel they should be able to resolve their own problems. All of us, at some stage in our lives need some help and it shows intelligence and courage to ask for help.
Some of the issues addressed in individual counselling sessions are:
- Abusive relationships and leaving them or recovering from them
- General dissatisfaction with life
- Work stress and how to perform better in the workplace
- Loss of direction
- Grief over the loss of a loved one
- Changes in life stages
- Restore and build self-esteem
- Help with social interactions through building confidence
- Life events that are causing ongoing stress or unhappiness
- Goal setting
- Communication coaching
Counselling can be an incredibly effective process to help explore and fix these problems.
The process of exploring who you are and what drives you to make the choices you do is guided by the expertise of the counsellor to help ensure you get the results you want. Having a new self-insight allows individuals to be better placed in future, for issues that may arise, and often provides the necessary coping mechanisms to successfully navigate the challenges life throws at us.
Probably the most important aspect of choosing a qualified counsellor to help you, is to find someone that you immediately ‘click’ with. The client/counsellor relationship is one founded on a high level of trust and as such you need to be able to freely speak your mind without being concerned that the counsellor may not approve.
Most people can get a feel for the potential counsellor relationship after a few minutes chatting on the phone, so it is often worthwhile to talk to the counsellor first before attending a session.
- Click the Book Online button below to find the first available appointment and book online; or
- If you’re not ready to book an appointment, please call me on 0468 950 420 for a FREE 10-minute consultation to discuss your needs and find out how I can help you.