Counselling in a brief summary
I use a combination of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focused Therapy. Both these forms of therapy are practical and used to treat depression, self-esteem and relationship issues along with many other psychological problems.
- One of the main benefits of talking to a counsellor instead of a good friend is that we don’t tell you what to do, nor do we ever get offended by something you might say. Each individual is what they are today through the events in their lives and interactions with other people. You are the only one who has experienced your life and you are the only one who truly knows what you want from life. The happy times, the sad times, the easy and the hard, they have helped shape you into the person you are now.
- I listen to you and learn from you what you want, and then I help you to navigate your way to reach your goals.
- During the initial counselling session, we will run through what the counselling process is about and I will answer any questions you may have about counselling. I then listen to you as you tell me about you and what it is you want from counselling. From there we will outline how we will move forward, discuss goals and strategies and look at issues that might hinder your progress and work through these together.
- Counselling is most beneficial if you continue to work on strategies at home and implement the things we talk about into every day life. Together we generally set some small tasks to be completed at home which may be as simple as practicing some communication skill we have worked on in session.
- At the start of each session we review where you are at, the progress you feel you are making and adjust our approach as required. I often email clients (with permission) in between sessions to remind you or help motivate you. This provides a counselling process that is complete and supportive to help you reach your goals.
- You can also email me in between sessions, at no cost, for help if you feel you need it. This provides a unique supportive relationship for you throughout the counselling process.
Are you ready to take the first step to making change?
To start changing your life for the better, click the Schedule Appointment button below to find my first available appointment and book online