Counselling in a brief summary
I use a combination of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focused Therapy. Both these forms of therapy are practical and used to treat self-esteem and relationship issues along with many other problems.
- One of the benefits of talking to a counsellor instead of a friend, is that we don’t tell you what to do. Each individual is what they are today through the events in their lives and interactions with other people. You are the only one who has experienced your life. You are the only one who truly knows what you want from life. The happy times, the sad times, the easy and the hard, they have helped shape you into the person you are now.
- There is no judgement. Whether you’ve had an affair, are struggling in your relationship, have anger issues or just made choices you aren’t happy with.
- I listen to you and learn from you what you want, and then together, we work to reach your goals.
- Counselling is most beneficial if you continue to work on strategies at home and implement the things we talk about into every day life. For couples, it is really important that you continue to attend for future sessions to get the results you want. Usually 6 sessions, spaced fortnightly, give us good traction and sometimes may be enough to fix what is going wrong in the relationship.
- You can also email me in between sessions, at no cost, for help if you feel you need it. This provides a unique supportive relationship for you throughout the counselling process.
Are you ready to take the first step to making change?
To get support now, click the Book Online button below to find my first available appointment and book online