Counselling in a brief summary
I use a combination of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focused Therapy. Both these forms of therapy are practical and used to treat self-esteem and relationship issues along with many other problems.
- The first counselling session can be very daunting to start with. Whether it’s your first counselling experience or maybe you have had a not so great experience. The counselling room is set up to be warm, welcoming and home like. People usually feel comfortable within the first few minutes. It is my job to make you feel safe and comfortable. You just need to get here!
- The first session, we will get a good overview of what you want to get from counselling sessions. We will set goals and talk about how we will move forward.
- At the end of the session, I will give you a summary of what I hear is happening for you. I like to cut to the issues with specifics to give you a clear sense of direction and to make sure you feel I have understood you.
- You should walk away from the first session with a clear sense of direction.
- In following sessions, we will work through some of these areas and we always finish with a specific outcome for you to work with.
Are you ready to take the first step to making change?
To get support now, click the Book Online button below to find my first available appointment and book now